The Metabolism Regulator
The thyroid and its related hormones regulate our metabolism, digestive function, brain function and bone health.
The thyroid can be disrupted in two ways, either becoming overactive (hyperthyroidism) or more commonly under active (hypothyroidism).
Ensuring the thyroid is functioning optimally is vital for good health and longevity.
There are many factors that can negatively influence healthy thyroid functioning including:
Nutritional deficiencies, adrenal health, inflammation, stress, gut health and immune function
Symptoms of thyroid disfunction include:
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Poor memory & foggy brain
- Aching Joints
- Dry hair, prone to falling out
- Poor Mood
- Bloating, flatulence & constipation
- Always feeling cold or overheating
- Crave sugary starchy food
- Severe PMS symptoms
Naturopathic medicine is an excellent tool in addressing the underlying causes of thyroid issues.